JAPAN: Nichirei, Meito announce food transportation JV
Japanese food processor Nichirei and compatriot transportation company Meito have agreed to start up a food transportation project to streamline operations. Nichirei will purchase 550,000 or 5% of Meito's outstanding shares, reported Dow Jones. The company is Japan's largest frozen food manufacturer and also leads the refrigeration warehousing sector.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs