UK: Classical Swine Fever: Nick Brown Meets Pig Industry Leaders
Nick Brown Agriculture Minister met leaders of the pig industry in London on Wednesday to discuss the progress made in dealing with the outbreak of classical swine fever which began in East Anglia just over two weeks ago. Four key issues were discussed: - - the progress made in containing and eradicating this highly contagious pig disease; - the very positive decisions taken by the EU Standing Veterinary Committee yesterday, including the scaling-back of the embargo on the export of live pigs, and the immediate lifting of restrictions from some 40 per cent of the farms in the original disease surveillance zones; - the animal welfare issues which have resulted from the need to restrict the movement of pigs to markets from those farms still under surveillance; - and the assessment of possible financial support to those farmers affected by the disease prevention measures and consequent welfare problems.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report