US: Nippon acquires seafood business
Nippon Suisan (USA) has entered into a stock purchase agreement to acquire seafood company FW Bryce.
Bryce's products include whitefish species, farm raised Atlantic salmon and snow crab. The transaction was completed on 1 April.
"The addition of FW Bryce to the Nissui portfolio will greatly expand Nissui's ability to sell and distribute more of its global supply of seafood in the United States through FW Bryce's excellent customer relationships and strong sales force," said Steve Warhover, CEO of Gorton's Seafood.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre