JAPAN: Nippon Meat chairman set to tender resignation over mislabelling scandal
The chairman and founder of Japan's Nippon Meat Packers Inc. looks set to resign to help rebuild consumer confidence, Japanese media sources reported today [Monday]. Yoshinori Ohkoso, 87, is reported to be finalising the details of his resignation from Nippon Meat, with an announcement expected to come tomorrow. The Mainichi Shimbun and other Japanese newspapers reported that Ohkoso was mulling tendering his resignation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action