JAPAN: Nippon Meat Packers denies plans to spin off meat operations - MEMBERS
Beleaguered Japanese meat processor Nippon Meat Packers has denied there is any truth in rumours that it is considering spinning off its meat operations into a new company. According to a report in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Nippon is looking at a proposed spin-off plan as a way of improving its safety and quality management. The report speculated that the firm may set up a holding company to better control its ham and sausage, processed products and meat operations, and increase the transparency of each business area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes