JAPAN: Nippon Restaurants to sell US rice despite government opposition
Nippon Restaurant Enterprise Inc (NRE) is to push ahead with its plan to sell lunches in Japan using US-grown rice, reports Kyodo News . The decision comes despite opposition from farm ministry officials and ruling party legislators. "With the launch date approaching, there will be no changes in the plan," Mutsutake Otsuka, president of NRE's parent company
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail