JAPAN: Nippon rival Prima Meat forecasts full-year profit
Japanese meat processor Prima Meat Packers has cheered investors by upgrading its full-year net forecast from a loss to a profit. The group had previously forecast full-year group losses of ¥300m but it is now expecting to report a profit of ¥1.6bn (US$12.9m). Shares rose as much as 20% on the news, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods