JAPAN: Nippon Shokuhin collapses on BSE, labelling scandal - MEMBERS
Japanese meat processor Nippon Shokuhin has filed for bankruptcy protection following difficulties related to an outbreak of BSE in Japan and the Snow Brand mislabelling meat scandal. Nippon Shokuhin joins a long list of 62 companies that have gone bankrupt following the mad cow disease outbreak, with their combined debts amounting to ¥38.7bn (US$322m), an official of research firm Teikoku Data Bank told is reported as saying. Nippon Shokuhin's debt is said to be the largest among these companies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival