JAPAN: Nissin prepared to "fight on world stage"
- FY sales up 9.1% to JPY417.6bn (US$4.1bn)
- Operating income up 15.7% to JPY27.7bn
- Net profit up 2.2% to JPY19.27bn
Nissin investing in overseas expansion
Japanese food group Nissin has said that initiatives enabling it to "fight on the world stage" and expand in high-growth emerging markets contributed to top line gains during fiscal 2013.
The company saw a 9.1% increase in sales during the 12 months to 26 March. Operating income was up 15.7% to JPY27.7bn. Net profit rose 2.2%.
The Japanese noodle maker said that it benefited from continued economic recovery at home, where it has focused on marketing and innovation to strengthen its brands.
Nissin is also driving expansion in emerging markets, where it is fostering demand growth for instant noodles. Over the past year, the group has established a local subsidiary in North Africa, opened production facilities in Kenya and India, as well as forming a joint venture with local partner Yildiz in Turkey.
Click here to view the full regulatory announcement.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis