Nissin sees earnings pressure as sales edge up
Nissin Foods booked higher full-year sales this morning (14 May) but reported that profit came under pressure in the 12 months to end-March.
The Japanese food giant revealed that sales increased to JPY439bn in fiscal 2015 from JPY417bn in 2014. However operating profit slid to JPY24.3bn from JPY27.7bn in the prior year and net income fell to JPY18.5bn versus JPY19.2bn.
Looking to 2016, Nissin said that it anticipates an increase in sales – to JPY468m – and slightly higher operating earnings at JPY24.5bn.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO