AFRICA: Nissin targets Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria
Nissin expands in North Africa
Japanese noodle group Nissin Food Holdings is introducing instant noodle products to Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria through the establishment of a local subsidiary, Nissin Maghreb Sarlau.
Nissin aims to accelerate growth in North Africa and the Middle East where the company said that rising incomes and lifestyle trends are driving growing demand for instant noodle products.
"The need for a simple meal is growing," Nissin observed.
The Japanese noodle group predicted more than 300m noodle meals will be consumed in these countries in the coming years. Nissin said that it will "strive to create new food culture in the Maghreb countries".
Nissin stressed there is burgeoning demand for noodle products but said no companies manufacture instant noodles in the region. As a result, the company believes its early entry will allow it to establish "dominance" in these markets.
Nissin, which entered Turkey last year, said it will continue to invest in expanding its operations in the region.
The group said that it has developed products "tailored" to the "food culture" and local tastes of these markets. Products will be launched under the new Pâtilliko brand. The company is commencing sales in the region by importing halal compliant products from its Singapore subsidiary.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016