PORTUGAL: Nitrofuran found in Portuguese poultry
Traces of the banned cancer-causing antibiotic nitrofuran have been found in chicken, turkey and quail meat produced in Portugal. The Portuguese Ministry of Agriculture said that the Veterinary Research Laboratory tested 167 samples of poultry from different farms and nitrofuran was found in 82 of the samples.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target