UK: No decision on fire-ravaged Morecambe site - 2 Sisters
UK poultry supplier 2 Sisters Food Group has insisted that "no decision" has been taken on the future of its site in Morecambe, which was damaged by fire last month.
A spokesman for the company said 2 Sisters had switched production to other facilities but claimed the group had yet to come to a definitive conclusion over the Morecambe site despite a review of the damage done by the fire.
"The assessment concluded that there had been significant damage and we have therefore transferred production to other sites," the spokesman said. "No decision has been taken on whether we rebuild at Morecambe."
The Morecambe facility is one of four processing sites run by 2 Sisters in the UK. Elsewhere, 2 Sisters is planning job cuts at its facility in Letham.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units