AUSTRALIA/UK: No hope for boosting Australian meat exports to EU, concludes Vaile
Australian trade minister Mark Vaile admitted today that he is not optimistic on the chances for Australia to boost meat exports to Britain and the EU, despite the disruption in local supplies caused by the foot and mouth epidemic. Vaile's comments came after he attended a round of meetings in Brussels and London, at which EU trade minister Pascal Lamy and British agriculture minister Nick Brown stressed that strict limits on Australian meat imports would be maintained.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast