UK: "No process" to sell or list United Biscuits - sources
UB "not for sale"
United Biscuits' joint owners Blackstone and PAI Partners are not preparing to dispose of the UK biscuit maker, just-food understands.
The private-equity firms currently have no firm plans to sell or list the business and have not initiated an auction process, a source close to the situation indicated.
This weekend, fresh reports emerged United Biscuits will be put on the block when The Sunday Times suggested Blackstone and PAI have appointed JP Morgan to initiate an auction process. Elsewhere, it was reported United Biscuits' owners have started to prepare for a listing of the business this year.
Rumours of a possible sale of United Biscuits have circulated periodically since Blackstone and PAI failed to sell the business as a going concern in 2010. In 2012, the private-equity investors split United Biscuits into two units - salty snacks and sweet biscuits. The salty snacks business was then sold to Germany's Intersnack.
Since then, United Biscuits has pursued a strategy of expanding in emerging markets - notably entering the Middle East - while cutting costs and shedding jobs.
Blackstone and PAI have consistently declined to comment on their plans for the business.
Synopsis Canadean's "United Biscuits Topco Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile co...
United Biscuits (UK) Ltd will continue to generate sales through its heavy promotional activity, as well as the introduction of a series of new product developments. Given the size of the company’s sh...
This company database offers the most up-to-date company information on bakery product producers in the world. The report includes details for more than 14,000 bakery product producers in the world wh...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- French body calls for five-colour nutrition labels
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis