NORWAY: No Starbucks for Norway - report
A top Norwegian catering boss believes that Starbucks cannot work in Norway after years of negotiating with the global chain. Norwegian wages are too high for the US-based café concept. Sten Magnus, now head of Umoe Catering, the country's largest food service group, told trade journal Handelsbladet FK that he had to turn down a deal with Starbucks after over two years of talks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea