PORTUGAL: No Wal-Mart bid for Jeronimo Martins after all
Jeronimo Martins , the second largest retail chain in Portugal, stressed earlier today (3 November) that an article printed in Semanario Economico, a weekly national newspaper, is entirely false. The paper had excited interest by reporting that US group Wal-Mart , had offered a takeover bid of €575m for the Portuguese chain.A statement from Jeronimo Martins revealed that: "The board hereby informs the market that it has no knowledge of any move or fact that lends foundation to the report."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival