UK: Noble secures majority stake in Gu
Noble Foods, the UK's largest egg producer, has struck a long-awaited deal to buy a majority stake in upmarket puddings maker Gü.
The agreement had been expected by the end of 2009 but a Noble spokesperson today (21 January) confirmed the company had secured the shareholding.
Noble has interests in the desserts busines after buying Serious Food Co. in 2008.
The management at Gü, which was founded in 2003 by owner and managing director James Averdieck, are also understood to be planning to stay on to help develop the business.
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Equistone puts Whitworths up for sale