UK: Noble to relocate production from two egg-packing sites
Noble plans to close two egg-packing sites
Noble Foods, the UK egg supplier, plans to relocate the opertions of two egg-packing facilities to a new site in west Oxfordshire.
The company has entered into employee consultations at its facilities in Scarle in Lincoln and in Thirnton in Fife.
However, a spokesperson for Noble said that the the sites would be not be shuttered. "The two sites are not closing but there is only a part re-location of sites," the spokesperson told just-food.
"We regret the potential loss of jobs caused by the change and are absolutely committed to supporting affected staff. A formal consultation period is now underway and we are unable to comment any further until the proposals have been discussed with staff and a final decision made."
Noble, whose business includes the Happy Egg brand, declined to comment on whether the move would result in cost savings.
However, the spokesperson did emphasise the new site benefited from a central location that would help reduce food miles. "The proposed changes mean that products will be graded and packed closer to supplier and distribution points, reducing food-miles and excessive movement of products," the spokesperson said.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Mars to buy Mexican chocolate maker Grupo Turin
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015