EUROPE: Non-trade issues must be addressed in WTO talks, says EU agriculture commissioner
Franz Fischler, the EU agriculture commissioner, said on Monday that issues such as food safety may have to be incorporated into a future World Trade Organisation accord. EU officials said Brussels has already indicated that they plan to bring up non-trade concerns, which include the 'sustained development of rural areas' and animal welfare, in any future negotiations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat