EUROPE: Non-trade issues must be addressed in WTO talks, says EU agriculture commissioner
Franz Fischler, the EU agriculture commissioner, said on Monday that issues such as food safety may have to be incorporated into a future World Trade Organisation accord. EU officials said Brussels has already indicated that they plan to bring up non-trade concerns, which include the 'sustained development of rural areas' and animal welfare, in any future negotiations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti