EUROPE: Non-trade issues must be addressed in WTO talks, says EU agriculture commissioner
Franz Fischler, the EU agriculture commissioner, said on Monday that issues such as food safety may have to be incorporated into a future World Trade Organisation accord. EU officials said Brussels has already indicated that they plan to bring up non-trade concerns, which include the 'sustained development of rural areas' and animal welfare, in any future negotiations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods