USA: Noone 'Caved In,' Sugar Guidelines Adhere to Science
In a statement issued today by The Sugar Association, Dr. Richard Keelor, President and Chief Executive Officer, responded to reports that pressure exerted by the food and beverage industry influenced the final federal dietary guideline on sugar. "By rejecting the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee's recommendation to limit sugar and retain the 1995 'moderate' recommendation, the government simply adhered to the preponderance of science and Public Law 101," Keelor said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast