SCANDINAVIA: Nordic cooperatives to merge food retail operations
The Nordic consumer-cooperative food retailers in Sweden, Denmark and Norway will merge their retail business in the three countries to create the second largest Nordic food retail group, Roland Svensson, president of the Swedish KF said on Monday. The Swedish board is expected to make its decision today, and early next year KF's annual meeting is expected to give its final approval.Svensson acknowledged that this was un unprecedented step taken by any consumer-cooperatives, but said that the rapid consolidation in the Nordic food retail market had prompted them to take this step."We've seen that we will be too small in our respective country, so we need to strengthen ourselves through closer cooperation," Roland Svensson told Swedish Radio.The three coops, KF,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review