EU: Nordzucker in tagatose production JV with Arla Foods
Nordzucker of Germany has signed a joint venture agreement with Arla Foods of Denmark to produce Spherix's new sweetener, tagatose. With completion of the Arla-Nordzucker negotiations, first revealed in June, construction of the first production facility for the low-calorie, full-bulk sweetener will allow Arla to meet its stated plan to market tagatose by the summer of 2003. Nordzucker said this first plant will produce 1,250 metric tons (2,750,000 pounds) of tagatose per year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO