GERMANY/HUNGARY: Nordzucker raises stakes in three Hungarian sugar firms
State-owned Hungarian holding firm Forras has sold minority stakes in three sugar firms to German sugar company Nordzucker. Nordzucker acquired the stakes for 70% of face value, a total of just over HUF2.5bn (US$11.3m). With the transactions, Nordzucker raises its stake in Szolnoki and Matrai Cukorgyar to 95% each and increases its stake in Szerencsi Cukorgyar to 93%, reported Interfax Hungary.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch