GERMANY/HUNGARY: Nordzucker raises stakes in three Hungarian sugar firms
State-owned Hungarian holding firm Forras has sold minority stakes in three sugar firms to German sugar company Nordzucker. Nordzucker acquired the stakes for 70% of face value, a total of just over HUF2.5bn (US$11.3m). With the transactions, Nordzucker raises its stake in Szolnoki and Matrai Cukorgyar to 95% each and increases its stake in Szerencsi Cukorgyar to 93%, reported Interfax Hungary.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO