NORWAY: Norgesgruppen fined over ICA Maxi transaction
Norway's competition regulator has fined retailer Norgesgruppen EUR25m (US$34.2m) over its acquisition of ICA Maxi premises.
The regulator, which approved the acquisition in 2012, said Norgesgruppen should have informed the Competition Authority that property firm Lagopus Eiendomsutvikling acquired the property portfolio in a sale-and-leaseback agreement entered into in 2012.
Responding to the fine, Norgesgruppen insisted it has "informed regularly about the transaction's progress from April 2012".
The company said it now has six months to consider whether or not to launch an appeal, which would have to go through the court system.
Agricultural Products in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
Introduction Food Retail in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour