NORWAY: Norgesgruppen fined over ICA Maxi transaction
Norway's competition regulator has fined retailer Norgesgruppen EUR25m (US$34.2m) over its acquisition of ICA Maxi premises.
The regulator, which approved the acquisition in 2012, said Norgesgruppen should have informed the Competition Authority that property firm Lagopus Eiendomsutvikling acquired the property portfolio in a sale-and-leaseback agreement entered into in 2012.
Responding to the fine, Norgesgruppen insisted it has "informed regularly about the transaction's progress from April 2012".
The company said it now has six months to consider whether or not to launch an appeal, which would have to go through the court system.
Agricultural Products in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
Introduction Food Retail in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Unilever launches dairy-free Ben & Jerry's in US