NORWAY: Norgesgruppen fined over ICA Maxi transaction
Norway's competition regulator has fined retailer Norgesgruppen EUR25m (US$34.2m) over its acquisition of ICA Maxi premises.
The regulator, which approved the acquisition in 2012, said Norgesgruppen should have informed the Competition Authority that property firm Lagopus Eiendomsutvikling acquired the property portfolio in a sale-and-leaseback agreement entered into in 2012.
Responding to the fine, Norgesgruppen insisted it has "informed regularly about the transaction's progress from April 2012".
The company said it now has six months to consider whether or not to launch an appeal, which would have to go through the court system.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV