NORWAY: Norgesgruppen sees "solid" performance in "tough" market
Norwegian retailer Norgesgruppen hailed a "solid" performance in a "tough" market today (28 March) as it reported higher sales and operating profit for 2013.
The company said revenue rose 8.6% year-on-year, increasing to NOK67.39bn (US$11.22bn) in the 12 months to end-2013. Gains, the retailer suggested, showed that the group's proposition was continuing to prove popular with consumers.
Operating profit rose to NOK905m, up from NOK826m in the prior year period. However, operating margin fell from 4.1% in 2012 to 3.9% in 2013.
Margin pressure was the result of "fierce competition" in the grocery market - with price representing an "important element" in the "battle for customers' favour", Norgesgruppen said.
Click here to view the regulatory filing.
Agricultural Products in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
Introduction Food Retail in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
Chained self-service cafeterias have been refurbishing their facilities and food offerings to present consumers with a renewed image. Chained self-service cafeterias are adapting to consumers’ needs b...
Current value growth in 100% home delivery/takeaway was 4% in 2012, which was one percentage point less than in 2011. The slower growth registered in 100% home delivery/takeaway was due to the strong ...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020