NORWAY: Norgesgruppen sees "solid" performance in "tough" market
Norwegian retailer Norgesgruppen hailed a "solid" performance in a "tough" market today (28 March) as it reported higher sales and operating profit for 2013.
The company said revenue rose 8.6% year-on-year, increasing to NOK67.39bn (US$11.22bn) in the 12 months to end-2013. Gains, the retailer suggested, showed that the group's proposition was continuing to prove popular with consumers.
Operating profit rose to NOK905m, up from NOK826m in the prior year period. However, operating margin fell from 4.1% in 2012 to 3.9% in 2013.
Margin pressure was the result of "fierce competition" in the grocery market - with price representing an "important element" in the "battle for customers' favour", Norgesgruppen said.
Click here to view the regulatory filing.
Agricultural Products in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile...
Introduction Food Retail in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- What could influence US healthy snacking market?
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- PepsiCo trims staff amid marketing cuts talk
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- US FDA approves genetically engineered salmon
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour