NORWAY: Norgesgruppen sees "solid" performance in "tough" market
Norwegian retailer Norgesgruppen hailed a "solid" performance in a "tough" market today (28 March) as it reported higher sales and operating profit for 2013.
The company said revenue rose 8.6% year-on-year, increasing to NOK67.39bn (US$11.22bn) in the 12 months to end-2013. Gains, the retailer suggested, showed that the group's proposition was continuing to prove popular with consumers.
Operating profit rose to NOK905m, up from NOK826m in the prior year period. However, operating margin fell from 4.1% in 2012 to 3.9% in 2013.
Margin pressure was the result of "fierce competition" in the grocery market - with price representing an "important element" in the "battle for customers' favour", Norgesgruppen said.
Click here to view the regulatory filing.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016