USA: Northeast Dairy Compact authorization expires
With Congress adjourning for the week, the Northeast Interstate Dairy Compact authorization has effectively reached its September 30 expiration date as mandated by Congress, a major milestone in efforts to eliminate the compact and stop compact expansion efforts. While a few compact proponents are attempting to breathe life back into the failed compact, the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) is hopeful that reaching this expiration date signals the end of the milk cartel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti