USA: Northeast Dairy Compact authorization expires
With Congress adjourning for the week, the Northeast Interstate Dairy Compact authorization has effectively reached its September 30 expiration date as mandated by Congress, a major milestone in efforts to eliminate the compact and stop compact expansion efforts. While a few compact proponents are attempting to breathe life back into the failed compact, the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) is hopeful that reaching this expiration date signals the end of the milk cartel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations