USA: Northeast Dairy Compact authorization expires
With Congress adjourning for the week, the Northeast Interstate Dairy Compact authorization has effectively reached its September 30 expiration date as mandated by Congress, a major milestone in efforts to eliminate the compact and stop compact expansion efforts. While a few compact proponents are attempting to breathe life back into the failed compact, the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) is hopeful that reaching this expiration date signals the end of the milk cartel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast