UK: Northern appoints former Tesco exec to board
UK food group Northern Foods has appointed former Tesco executive Sandra Turner as a non executive director.
Turner has held senior commercial and operational roles at Tesco in the UK and Ireland. From 2003 to 2009 she was the commercial director of Tesco Ireland.
“I am delighted that Sandra has agreed to join the board of Northern Foods. Sandra has had a very
successful career with Tesco and her extensive retail and management experience at a senior level will be of enormous value to the board and the company,” Anthony Hobson, chairman of Northern Foods, commented.
With the UK Treasury set to release its planned spending cuts on 20 October, industry watchers have been focused on how the UK's largest grocery retailers see consumer sentiment in the face of the upc...
UK food manufacturer Northern Foods has told just-food that it will cut jobs at top management level as part of its restructuring programme....
Europe's food retailers are braced for a round of consolidation, analysts at J.P.Morgan Cazenove said this week. While the industry waits to see what deals could emerge, Metro Group and Auchan have fo...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report