UK: Northern Foods and fellow suppliers unfazed by threat of M&S restructure
Yesterday's news that struggling high street retailer Marks and Spencer is mulling a reorganisation of its food operations threatened to send shock waves amongst its British suppliers. A similar restructuring effort that has focused on M&S' beleaguered textiles department since 1998 has seen major cutbacks of its British suppliers in favour of cheaper alternatives overseas. British food suppliers were calm however today, denying that they could be affected by M&S' latest penny-pinching attempts to boost profitability.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea