UK: Northern Foods posts fall in Q3 sales
UK food manufacturer Northern Foods has reported a 2.9% fall in third-quarter sales caused by a slide in biscuit sales in the crucial Christmas trading period. The group, which makes own brand ready meals, quiches and desserts for leading food retailers such as Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury and Tesco, also said sales for the three months to 31 December fell below its forecasts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund