UK: Northern Foods sees slower sales growth in Q2
UK food firm Northern Foods has said that the sales growth will slow in the second quarter, compared to the first quarter, and warned that product costs are increasing. Northern Foods, which makes own-label ready meals for several leading food retailers, said sales in the first quarter had increased 5.8%. Chairman Peter Blackburn said the timing of Easter had been beneficial to that sales result, reported Dow Jones International News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin