UK: Northern Foods to merge Fox's and Elkes biscuit division
UK food manufacturer Northern Foods announced it would merge its Fox's and Elkes biscuit division. Fox's employs 1500 people in Batley and a further 500 in Kirkham. Elkes employs 1,200 staff in Uttoxeter. The merged business will have its headquarters in Batley. It is likely that the integration of the two units will lead to a number of redundancies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1