UK: Northern Foods to merge Fox's and Elkes biscuit division
UK food manufacturer Northern Foods announced it would merge its Fox's and Elkes biscuit division. Fox's employs 1500 people in Batley and a further 500 in Kirkham. Elkes employs 1,200 staff in Uttoxeter. The merged business will have its headquarters in Batley. It is likely that the integration of the two units will lead to a number of redundancies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry