UK: Northern Foods to merge Fox's and Elkes biscuit division
UK food manufacturer Northern Foods announced it would merge its Fox's and Elkes biscuit division. Fox's employs 1500 people in Batley and a further 500 in Kirkham. Elkes employs 1,200 staff in Uttoxeter. The merged business will have its headquarters in Batley. It is likely that the integration of the two units will lead to a number of redundancies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid