UK: Northern Foods to merge Fox's and Elkes biscuit division
UK food manufacturer Northern Foods announced it would merge its Fox's and Elkes biscuit division. Fox's employs 1500 people in Batley and a further 500 in Kirkham. Elkes employs 1,200 staff in Uttoxeter. The merged business will have its headquarters in Batley. It is likely that the integration of the two units will lead to a number of redundancies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth