UK: Northern in talks to buy Nestlé mints business
Northern Foods has said it is in discussions to acquire Fox's glacier mints and triple XXX extra strong mint brands from Nestlé . The acquisition will supplement Northern Foods confectionery interest, the Paynes confectionery business. The deal is expected to cost about £7m and is likely to be completed by Easter. Northern will transfer its existing confectionery output from Croyden to Fox's production facilities in Leicester, if the acquisition is successful.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill