UK: Northern rolls out mini Fox's Party Rings
Northern Foods has launched a mini version of its Fox's Party Rings
UK food manufacturer Northern Foods has launched a mini version of its Fox's Party Rings.
The 25g mini bags each have a different colour and theme, the company said, and are available in all major retailers.
Six bags retail at around GBP1.29 (US$2.05).
Northern Foods said that "extensive growth" in the 'on-the-go' segment, worth around GBP499m, prompted it to launch into the sector.
Earlier this month, Northern Foods booked a drop in first-half sales.
For the six months ended 2 October, group sales dropped 2.4%. However, like-for-like sales, which excludes the impact of foreign exchange, M&A and discontinued product lines and operations, increased 2.4%.
So, what now lies ahead for Greencore, the Ireland-based convenience food group?...
Ranjit Boparan looks set to seal control of Northern Foods next week, having trumped the merger offer made by Irish food group Greencore late last year. Ben Cooper reports....
The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has decided not to refer Boparan's takeover of Northern Foods to the Competition Commission....
UK-based farmer co-op ANM Group has brought together its three different meat processing companies into one business unit, ANM Meat Division....
Perhaps the biggest M&A story in the UK food sector this week reached the final chapter when Ireland's Greencore gave up on its pursuit to buy UK rival Northern Foods....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw