NORWAY: Nortura appoints Kolberg CEO
Norway's largest food company Nortura has appointed Arne Kristian Kolberg as CEO.
Kolberg, VP and executive director of production and processing for Nortura, will take up the post from 15 February. He succeeds Runar Larsen who recently announced his resignation.
"I am very pleased that Arne Kristian has agreed to become the new CEO," said chairman of Nortura Sveinung Svebestad. "He has extensive experience in the food industry and agriculture. He has a proven track record and a proactive and forward-looking view of how the group should be developed further."
Arne Kristian Kolberg's new CEO Nortura (Oslo, 24/01/13) The board of Nortura has appointed Arne Kristian Kolberg as CEO. He most recently served as Vice President and Executive Director for the production and processing.
Arne Kristian Kolberg (44) has been with the Group since 1996 and has held a variety of management positions. First as organizational manager at Østfold Eggsentral, CEO and Director Prior Eastern meat Prior Norway. From 2006 he was executive director of poultry and eggs, and in 2008 he assumed his responsibilities in slaughtering, cutting and processing of red meat. Kolberg has been Executive Vice President since September 2011.
Kolberg has also been an advisor to the Ministry of Agriculture, and has a degree in economics from the NLH.
"I am very pleased that Arne Kristian has agreed to become the new CEO. He has extensive experience in the food industry and agriculture. He has a proven track record and a proactive and forward-looking view of how the group should be developed further," said Chairman of Nortura Sveinung Svebestad.
The Board has conducted a broad recruitment process, with the assistance of recruitment company Visindi. There has been great interest in many well-qualified applicants.
With brands such as Banquet, Prior Norgården, Terina, cookhouse and Thule Fjord is Nortura nation's leading brand company in meat and eggs. The group had a turnover of around NOK 18 billion in 2011 and a profit before tax of around NOK 250 million. Overall, Nortura around 5,500 employees in 30 municipalities across the country. Nortura is a cooperative with around 18,000 active owners.
"The food industry is undergoing a period of change. Entire value chain is changing, creating huge opportunities for brand company Nortura. Our products are among consumers. I look forward to leading the group and make Nortura the preferred partner for food retailers, consumers and producers" , says new CEO Arne Kristian Kolberg.
Kolberg take over as CEO by Runar Larsen fall 2012 announced that he wanted to go down as CEO.
Runar Larsen has for years been a leader and a key figure in the group. He has been CEO since April 2011. In time, he led the company through an important development, which has resulted in increased competitiveness, innovation, growth, reduced costs and increased profitability. Larsen continues as special advisor Nortura until her retirement in April 2014.
Arne Kristian Kolberg assume the position of CEO 15 February.
Original source: Nortura
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits