NORWAY: Nortura commits to salt reduction pledge
Nortura has committed to a salt reduction pledge in its sausages and toppings
Norweigen food firm Nortura has announced steps toward supporting the Ministry of Health's moves toward healthier consumption and has pledged to cut "large amounts of salts" from its range.
A statement from the firm read it wanted to "contribute" to ensuring the salt intake level of the population went down to the targets "the government has set".
Nortura said it was "actively working to reduce salt content" across its sausage products and toppings and had reduced the content by 30%.
"We will over time reduce the content of salt in own products further and as much as possible, while taste and consistency is maintained. We believe in a gradual decrease, so that most are familiar with the products [tasting] less salty," said president of Nortura, Arne Kristian Kolberg.
South Africa's Tiger Brands grabbed the headlines this week with news of the over-stating of sales at its Kenyan arm inflating local profits last year. Elsewhere, Ireland's Total Produce lifted its ea...
Nortura is aiming to be the locomotive within Norwegian meat production responsible for innovation and development opportunities that will gain the total market as a whole. As the company is organised...
The soup category has for several years been marked by little innovation in terms of format as Norwegians have been eating little soup compared with many other European countries. This is mainly as No...
The most important event in the ready meals category has been the launch of the gluten-free Grandiosa pizza. Grandiosa is probably the most important and most famous brand in Norway and is essentially...
The dominant category within canned/preserved food is canned/preserved fish/seafood, which is contributing a lot to overall growth. This and the second-biggest category, canned/preserved vegetables, a...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details