US: Safeway Inc: not all doom and gloom - COMMENT
Safeway Inc has announced major expansion plans for 2001. The US supermarket chain will open up to 95 new stores. It's certainly a welcome departure from the gloom shrouding the retail industry. Safeway has wisely concentrated on areas with high population growth. It may even benefit from the economic slowdown as well: when people have less money, they tend eat to out less and buy more from supermarkets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth