USA: Ocean Spray Growers Speak: Not For Sale
The nearly 1,000 cranberry and grapefruit growers who own Ocean Spray yesterday rejected by an overwhelming majority of votes a push by some of its members to move toward a sale of the company. Growers attending or sending proxies to the Cooperative's 70th annual meeting voted 2 to 1 in opposition to a resolution calling on their board of directors to instruct management to explore a possible sale of Ocean Spray, the nation's number-one brand of canned and bottled juice drinks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses