USA: Ocean Spray Growers Speak: Not For Sale
The nearly 1,000 cranberry and grapefruit growers who own Ocean Spray yesterday rejected by an overwhelming majority of votes a push by some of its members to move toward a sale of the company. Growers attending or sending proxies to the Cooperative's 70th annual meeting voted 2 to 1 in opposition to a resolution calling on their board of directors to instruct management to explore a possible sale of Ocean Spray, the nation's number-one brand of canned and bottled juice drinks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs