USA: Ocean Spray Growers Speak: Not For Sale
The nearly 1,000 cranberry and grapefruit growers who own Ocean Spray yesterday rejected by an overwhelming majority of votes a push by some of its members to move toward a sale of the company. Growers attending or sending proxies to the Cooperative's 70th annual meeting voted 2 to 1 in opposition to a resolution calling on their board of directors to instruct management to explore a possible sale of Ocean Spray, the nation's number-one brand of canned and bottled juice drinks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Mondelez takes thinner Oreos to Germany