EU: Ready meals: not just for singles - COMMENT (Members)
A new study has found European ready-meal manufacturers are neglecting the family segment. Food makers have placed too much emphasis on single people, according to Datamonitor's report, leaving a ready market for family-sized prepared meals. As ready meal sales growth slows in the major European markets, companies will need to target new segments as well as protect their existing market share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"