UK: Novartis to close down Ovaltine production in UK
Novartis Consumer Health is to close down production of its Ovaltine malted drink in the UK
Production at the Kings Langley factory in Hertfordshire will cease in May next year with the loss of 245 jobs. Novartis said that the decision to close the Ovaltine factory, which has been making the drink since 1913, was made to improve the competitiveness of the brand. Production of the drink will be switch to Switzerland.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast