UK: Novartis to close down Ovaltine production in UK
Novartis Consumer Health is to close down production of its Ovaltine malted drink in the UK Production at the Kings Langley factory in Hertfordshire will cease in May next year with the loss of 245 jobs. Novartis said that the decision to close the Ovaltine factory, which has been making the drink since 1913, was made to improve the competitiveness of the brand. Production of the drink will be switch to Switzerland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti