UK: Novartis to close down Ovaltine production in UK
Novartis Consumer Health is to close down production of its Ovaltine malted drink in the UK Production at the Kings Langley factory in Hertfordshire will cease in May next year with the loss of 245 jobs. Novartis said that the decision to close the Ovaltine factory, which has been making the drink since 1913, was made to improve the competitiveness of the brand. Production of the drink will be switch to Switzerland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units