UK: Novartis to close down Ovaltine production in UK
Novartis Consumer Health is to close down production of its Ovaltine malted drink in the UK Production at the Kings Langley factory in Hertfordshire will cease in May next year with the loss of 245 jobs. Novartis said that the decision to close the Ovaltine factory, which has been making the drink since 1913, was made to improve the competitiveness of the brand. Production of the drink will be switch to Switzerland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin