UK: Novartis withdraws "functional" food product from the UK market
Novartis have announced that they have withdrawn the "Aviva" food range of products from sale in the UK. Novartis, which produces genetically modified seeds, as well as medical products, launched the range of products in November 1999 with a 20 million pound marketing campaign.Novartis claimed that the "Aviva" functional foods offered health benefits to consumers including benefits for bones, heart and digestion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti