USA: NPC International, Inc. announces offer from the majority shareholder for the minority interest in the company
NPC International, Inc. (Nasdaq:NPCI), yesterday announced that it has received an offer from O. Gene Bicknell, Chairman, CEO and majority stockholder, to acquire the Company through a cash merger for $11.40 per share. This offer represents a 10% premium over the Company's closing stock price today of $10.375 per share, and a 31% premium to the Company's trading price thirty days prior. The offer is contingent, among other things, upon Mr. Bicknell's ability to obtain financing on acceptable terms. Mr. Bicknell currently owns approximately 65% of the Company's shares outstanding and intends to retain all of his shares. Mr. Bicknell has further indicated that he has no interest in selling his controlling ownership position to a third party. Mr. Bicknell is being advised by Banc of America Securities LLC.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea