BRAZIL/NETHERLANDS: Numico completes sale of Mococa dairy activities
Dutch food and nutrition group Royal Numico has announced that it has completed the sale of the dairy activities of its Brazilian unit Mococa to Brazilian food and cleaning products producer Kremon do Brasil, for an undisclosed price.
"The divestment of this non-core asset is in line with Numico's strategic objective to become a high-growth, high-margin specialised nutrition company by focussing on its core activities Baby Food, Clinical Nutrition and GNC," the company said.
Numico said the dairy activities of Mococa generated approximately €40m (US$45.6m) in sales in 2002 with a negative EBITA contribution.
Numico will retain Mococa's cereal brands and cereal operations.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre