NETHERLANDS/USA: Numico completes sale of Rexall Sundown
Dutch food and nutrition group Royal Numico has announced that it has completed the sale of its Rexall Sundown vitamins unit to US nutritional supplements firm NBTY for US$250m in cash.
The transaction will be effective as of 25 July 2003. The sale includes Rexall Sundown’s production facilities, warehouses and brands.
Numico CEO Jan Bennink said the sale of Rexall Sundown is part of the company’s strategy to focus on its babyfood and clinical nutrition businesses.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review