NETHERLANDS: Numico lauds health benefits of infant formula
Numico Research has developed a baby milk that, the company claims, strengthens the immune system and reduces the risk of infections and diarrhoea.
A clinical trial with the formula, performed by Professor G. Moro of Macedonia Melloni Maternity Hospital in Milan, found that infants receiving Numico's proprietary prebiotic infant formula show 60% less eczema compared with a classical HA-formula.
Based on the composition of breast milk, Numico Research has developed a proprietary prebiotic mixture of oligosaccharides that delivers the key benefits of breast milk for the development of the infant immune system, the company said. This specific prebiotic mixture is patent-protected.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report