NETHERLANDS: Numico reports sales growth in continued business
Dutch food and nutrition group Numico has reported record sales growth for its continuing business in 2004.
Net sales of its continued business in 2004 were €1.702bn, compared with €1.567bn in 2003. The net result was a profit of €145m, compared with a loss of €504m in 2003.
Including all of its business net sales fell sharply, to €1.722bn, compared with €3.151bn in 2003. Net result was still a profit of €145m, but it compares with a loss of €497m in 2003.
"Growth was driven by both divisions and by all regions," the company said. "Clinical continued its double-digit performance with 11.9% sales growth, while baby
accelerated sales momentum with a record 8.4% increase."
"With Numico's strong performance we feel confident to set our overall net sales growth target for 2005 at 8 - 10%," it said. "Looking toward our mid-term objectives for 2007, we elevate our net sales objective to 9 - 11% growth."
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report