NETHERLANDS: Numico sees 10-12% FY sales growth
Nutrition and baby food company Royal Numico NV has said that a strong fourth quarter performance has put it on track for sales growth of between 10% and 12% this year.
Net profit in the quarter rose to EUR70m (US$91.7m), up from EUR46m. The company reported a EUR36m one-off gain in expected lower taxes.
Sales totalled EUR690m, up from EUR539m posted for the fourth quarter of last year.
Operating profit rose to EUR122m, up from a restated EUR110m and within the forecasted range of EUR116-130m.
"I am very pleased to announce Numico's second year of double-digit growth - at improved margins and with record free cash flow," said CEO Jan Bennink.
A final dividend of EUR0.20 per share was proposed.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations