NETHERLANDS: Numico sees Q1 sales steady at €1bn
Zoetermeer-based food group Royal Numico has posted Q1 sales of €1.05bn, flat over the same period last year. The Infant Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition and Consumer Diets and Sports categories posted sales growth during the Q1 of 4%, 10% and 6%, respectively. This performance followed a particularly strong Q4 for these product groups. In the US, the market for Vitamins and Herbs remains weak, contributing to an overall sales decline in the US of 4% from Q1 2001 although US sales show an improvement of 6.7% from Q4 2001, to reach €625m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group