NETHERLANDS: Numico signs letter of intent with Baxter to form agreements related to global distribution of specialised nutrition
Today, Royal Numico N.V. announced the signing of a letter of intent with Baxter Healthcare Corporation to negotiate a series of global agreements for distribution of nutritional products for clinical and therapeutic use.In clinical nutrition, there are two types of therapeutic options: parenteral, sometimes referred to as total parenteral nutrition (TPN), is nutrition that is received through intravenous therapy (IV therapy); and, enteral which describes a range of liquid nutritional formulations, given as drinks or via tubes. A key clinical goal is to provide patients who require specialised feeding with optimal nutrition through either parenteral or enteral administration. In locations where agreements for distribution will be reached, the combination of Numico's enteral nutrition products, together with Baxter's parenteral nutrition products will offer clinicians a comprehensive range of therapeutic nutritional options for use in either hospitals, long-term care or home care-based settings. Numico, one of the world's leading providers of specialised nutrition, has a comprehensive range of enteral products for clinical nutrition addressing specific disease states and nutritional therapies for patients who require specialised feeding. Baxter, through its I.V. Systems/Medical Products business, is a leading worldwide provider of products for parenteral nutrition therapy. In addition, the company provides health care clinicians around the world with clinical support and technical expertise in providing high-quality, cost-effective parenteral nutrition therapy.Royal Numico N.V.(
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report