NETHERLANDS: Numico to close plants, cut jobs to improve efficiency
Dutch food and nutrition group Royal Numico has said it will close seven of its 16 European baby nutrition facilities, leading to the loss of 525 jobs and an €88m (US$99.8m) restructuring charge. Numico, which is struggling to recover from its unsuccessful attempt to become a major player in the vitamins market, said the restructure of its core baby nutrition unit would focus on plants that offer the best cost structure and the potential to increase volumes, reported Dow Jones News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"