NETHERLANDS: Numico to close plants, cut jobs to improve efficiency
Dutch food and nutrition group Royal Numico has said it will close seven of its 16 European baby nutrition facilities, leading to the loss of 525 jobs and an €88m (US$99.8m) restructuring charge. Numico, which is struggling to recover from its unsuccessful attempt to become a major player in the vitamins market, said the restructure of its core baby nutrition unit would focus on plants that offer the best cost structure and the potential to increase volumes, reported Dow Jones News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife